Conversion events are an important bit of data for your company’s growth and success in your PPC endeavours. It allows you to point out wins and errors on your platform and allows your ads platform to gather a tonne of data to optimise your ads.
Google Ads is hungry, the more data you feed it, the more it works for you.
Benefits of tracking conversion events:
- Measure the results of all their digital marketing activities- Was your campaign successful?
- Improve UX
- Use your budget wisely
- Improve ROI
Types of conversions:
Even if the conversion does not result in an eCommerce value, it can be used to both measures and improve the performance of our marketing campaigns. A typical website and its core marketing strategy may have a range of different conversion actions i.e. room bookings, afternoon tea bookings, meetings rooms bookings, wedding bookings etc. A wedding form submission can result in a wedding venue booking and therefore it is an important metric to track even if it doesn’t record a predetermined eCommerce value. Not only this, different conversion data can create different audiences best suited for a specific ad. The persona of a room booker may differ significantly from a couple looking for a wedding venue.
Here are our main conversion events:
- Revenue generation i.e. hotel bookings;
- Contact attempts i.e. email clicks or contact form submissions;
- Sign-ups i.e. newsletters
- Engagements i.e. watch a video in full.
- Downloading a resource
Creating a persona with conversion goals
Google Ads allows you to choose specific conversion goals, so the campaigns performance algorithm targets the correct persona to maximise performance.
Automated bidding strategies like max conversions or max conversion value, use the Google AI to dynamically determine who sees the ads based on how likely Google feels they are to convert,.
The more data it has, the better it performs, with better results for our clients. Some bidding methods have data thresholds that need to be reached before they can be used.
MORE DATA = BETTER RESULTS
What can UP Hotel do for you?
- Design – our design team creates bold and colourful calls to action throughout your website to reduce thinking time and push users to convert. They also design and build conversion event forms.
- Implement – Our in-house development team can create a trackable code and implement it onto your website. This code allows Google ads to track the conversion events, whether that be a phone call or a form entry.
- Monitor and Optimise – Our Digital Marketing team continuously monitors the conversion rate of the ads to optimise them accordingly. They also make recommendations and changes to the website/conversion events in order to get the best conversion rate possible for your company.
Please get in touch with us if you would like to hear more about our services.